Sunday, September 14, 2008

joshishappy

here i am lines to
you in the dark, in the
long ways i can't sleep
and we loll over little
things we wouldn't share
with other people, the
people we know.

but i share with you and
don't mind if you see the
weak parts, the wrinkles the
darksides of me.

this is less poetry and more
like prose but i can't write
a good thing in a way
everyone knows and it
makes sense to me so i guess
you won't mind that i
unload the runoff of my brain
in some poetic kind of
ramble, of ranting of,
dare i say, rhyme? i haven't
found matching wordsounds in
a long time.

i have to stop because it
falls over each part and when
i notice that i'm rhyming, i feel
obligated to keep it up and
then i lapse into dr. seuss.

because he inspired me when i
was little and wanted to write
and draw and have everyone know
me and everyone read me to
each other at night under
blankets and sheets and now i just
seem to write for myself and
even then, i don't always understand

half the things that come out.
these days i only get more
questions than i give myself
answers. but you, you quiet the
hum and let me distract myself
with a laugh or more than
a laugh, with
a friend.

No comments: